2017 Texas Supercross Race Results
Arlington, Texas – Round 6 of the AMA Monster Energy Supercross was a huge challenge to many riders. The 250’s would struggle a bit with a big triple and many riders in both classes suffered with mechanical related issues forcing them into the pits. It was a like a NASCAR race this weekend with all of the pit activity!
2017 Texas Supercross Race Results – Class Winners:
Marvin Musquin wins his first ever 450 main event!
Justin Hill wins his 3rd 250 main event in a row!
Rider news & Updates:
- Ken Roczen is out for the season. Almost lost his arm per an update last week as the muscle tissue was not getting adequate blood flow.
- James Stewart has not shown face yet. No updates to share. His brother Malcom continues to show up and put in some solid rides.
450 Race Notes & Story:
- Holeshot – Justin Brayton goes down in front of the pack really hard. Forced a restart.
- Holeshot 2 – Marvin takes the holeshot and Trey Canard goes down.
- Main Event – many of the big names had to come into the pits suffering with a variety of issues.
- Cooper Webb – flat rear tire.
- Eli Tomac – front rotor / brake issue. Mechanics had to cut his brake line.
- Chad Reed – went to the pits. Reason unknown.
- Marvin, Jason Anderson and Cole Seely would go 1,2,3.
- Ryan Dungey worked his way into 4th and carries a healthy lead still.
250 Texas Supercross Race Notes & Story
- Holeshot – Shane Mcelrath grabbed the holeshot.
- Mcelrath was the race leader and then suffered a mechanical issue. He was 1 point behind Justin Hill in the points and had to pull off to the mechanics area. Shane got 22nd, lost a ton of points in the points race. Moves now down to 3rd being overtaken by Aaron Plessinger and very unfortunate night for this guy.
- Austin Forkner put in a solid ride for a podium.
2017 Arlington Texas – Round 6 – Supercross Race Results
Monster Energy Supercross Arlington, Texas February 11, 2017
450SX Class Results
- Marvin Musquin, Corona, Calif., KTM
- Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.M., Husqvarna
- Cole Seely, Sherman Oaks, Calif., Honda
- Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM
- Dean Wilson, Clermont, Fla., Husqvarna
- Broc Tickle
- Jacob Weimer
- Davi Millsaps, Cairo, Ga., KTM
- Justin Bogle
- Malcom Stewart
- Trey Candard
- Vince Friese
- Mike Allesi
- Cooper Webb
- Eli Tomac
- Jimmy Albertson
- Blake Baggett
- Austin P
- Chad Reed
450SX Class Championship Standings
- Ryan Dungey, Belle Plaine, Minn., KTM – 129
- Marvin Musquin, Corona, Calif., KTM – 111
- Cole Seely, Sherman Oaks, Calif., Honda – 107
- Eli Tomac, Cortez, Colo., Kawasaki – 100
- Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.M., Husqvarna – 85
- Davi Millsaps, Cairo, Ga., KTM – 83
- Cooper Webb, Newport, N.C., Yamaha – 71
- Chad Reed, Dade City, Fla., Yamaha – 64
- Dean Wilson, Clermont, Fla., Husqvarna – 64
- Broc Tickle – 55
Western Regional 250SX Class Results (Shane Mcelrath – 22nd)
- Justin Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Kawasaki
- Austin Forkner
- Aaron Plessinger, Hamilton, Ohio, Yamaha
- Jimmy Decotis, Peabody, Mass., Honda
- Dan Reardon
- Jeremy Martin
- Martin Davalos
- Cole Martinez
Western Regional 250SX Class Championship Standings
- Justin Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Kawasaki – 138
- Aaron Plessinger, Hamilton, Ohio, Yamaha – 117
- Shane McElrath, Canton, N.C., KTM – 113
- Martin Davalos, Clermont, Fla., Husqvarna – 106
- Jimmy Decotis, Peabody, Mass., Honda – 91
- Austin Forkner, Richards, Mo., Kawasaki – 90