2017 Minnesota Supercross Race Results
Minnesota – Round 7 of the AMA Monster Energy Supercross.
450 Rookie rider, Cooper Webb gets hurt. Appears to be an injury to his left arm in the first 450 Heat race.
Ryan Dungey is from Minnesota, so this would be a hometown event for him.
Tight track, hard to pass. Second corner would be the biggest challenge of the race as it took many riders out.
This marks the first race for the East Coast 250 class. Adam Cincirulo is back after a 3 year rode of injuries.
2017 Texas Supercross Race Results –
Rider news & Updates:
- Chad Reed (Grandpa Reed), has been battling with sore knees all week…go figure.
- Ken Roczen is out for the season. Almost lost his arm per an update last week as the muscle tissue was not getting adequate blood flow.
- Justin Barcia is back after being injured for the first half of the season.
- James Stewart has not shown face yet. Malcom during an interview said to watch for his brother to return in Daytona!
450 Race Notes & Story:
- Holeshot – Seely gets holeshot and Barcia goes down in the first corner. Seely then goes down halfway through first lap and Milsaps takes the lead.
- Tomac early in the race is in 2nd, Dungey in 3rd.
- By lap 3 it was a tight group of Eli in 1st, Dungey in 2nd and Milsaps in 3rd.
- Musquin would move up to 3rd half way through the race, Reed sits in around 13th.
- Chad Reed goes down at the 10 minute mark in a corner pretty hard.
- Tomac has a 6 second lead over Dungey at the half way mark.
- Anderson pulls into 4th, Seely in 5th.
- Barcia was back of the pack, around 18th for awhile.
- With 3 minutes to go, Musquin passes Dungey for 2nd!
- Leaders would lap up to 8th.
250 Texas Supercross Race Notes & Story
- Holeshot – JO Smith took the holeshot and an early lead. Savatgy was in 2nd and took over after a few laps.
- Adam Ciancurilo had a horrible start and was in around 10th and tried to run strong to move up.
- Adam Martin went down in the first corner and would eventually pull off for a DNF.
- Zach Osborne ran strong and came back for a 2nd place finish.
2017 Minnesota – Round 7 – Supercross Race Results
Monster Energy Supercross Minnesota February 18, 2017
450 Main Event Results –
- Eli Tomac
- Marvin Musquin
- Ryan Dungey
- Jason Anderson
- Cole Seely
- Davi Milsaps
- Broc Tickle
- Trey Canard
- Blake Baggett
- Mike Allesi
- Malcom Stewart
- Dean Wilson
- Jake Weimer
- Josh Grant
- Chad Reed
- Justin Barcia
450 Point Standings
- Ryan Dungey – 149 points
- Musquin – 133 points
- Tomac 125 points
- Seely – 123 points
- Anderson – 103 points
- Milsaps – 98 points
- Wilson – 73 points
- Webb – 71 points
- Reed – 69 points
- Tickle – 69 points
250 East Coast Main Event –
- Joey Savatgy
- Jordan Smith
- Zach Osborne
- RJ Hampshire
- Adam Cianciarulo
- Chistian Craig